Monday, September 10, 2007

Bitter-sweet day

Last Tuesday was a very bitter-sweet day. The sweet thing is that Tami had her baby! He is a beautiful baby boy named James Reed Curtis. Tami is crazy and is already back to working and going to church and she brought James here to Mesa!



The bitter thing is that the Karen went in for an ultra-sound and found that baby Alice Jane was dead. She had to give birth to a still born and it was so so sad. I went and saw her and coudn't help crying. The little graveside was today. It was good and i definetly cried a lot more. But her family is doing great now and i know Alice is in heaven.

Here is a really cute poem that was on the program but don't read it if you don't feel like shedding a tear.

Silent Footprints

We never had the chance to play,
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle.
We long to hold you,
touch you now
And listen to you giggle.

I’ll always be your mother.
He’ll always be your dad.
You will always be our child,
For that we are so glad.

But now you’re gone..
But yet you’re here.
We’ll sense you everywhere.
You are our sorrow and our joy.
There’s love in every tear.

Just know our love
goes deep and strong.
We will forget you never.
The child we had,
but never had,
And yet will have forever.

4 comments:

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

oh rachel, I'm so sorry that is so sad.I can't even imagine that happening to me.

LB said...

rachel- thanks for making me cry!!! i knew i shouldn't have read it, but i did. i copied it and am putting it on my binder because it reminds me so much of my little brother Stockton. i love you so much and just can't believe that this happened. i hope Karen is doing alright.

Shauna said...

ya the first time i read that i lost it. glad the graveside went well. i'm so sad i missed it.

Anonymous said...

Rachel that poem is so cute ! i love it so much! and I allready wrote on the other blog about this so just look at that one but it says anonymous i accidenty clicked it before I pushed publish post! ok well love ya!