Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Memory Lane

One time my gorgeous cousin, Emily got married!
I just really love this picture. Us four on the right used to be inseparable. Emily was the leader because she was oldest. So she got to choose which polly, or barbie, or beanie baby she wanted first. Also, she was the president of our club in their tree. Then she grew up and now she's married! I'm happy we are all related by blood because I really love us and want us all to be friends forever :)


Conference quote of the day:
"Apparently the gospel is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable" -Jeffrey R. Holland
That reminds me of earlier this school year when I was talking to my stake president. I confessed that I felt like I was just going through good motions, but I felt stagnant in the gospel. And it made me feel uncomfortable. He told me it was because the Lord was calling me up. He knew I could do better, so he made it uncomfortable for me to be too "comfortable" going through the motions. That changed me.
On the flip side of the quote, I have had so many times where I've been comforted while afflicted. Through the gospel :)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I love that quote...and pretty much all of conference. Awesome you got 1 on 1 w/your stake pres...that's a rare thing!